The Leadership Program identifies, nurtures and connects existing and potential community leaders, increasing their knowledge of the community and community issues, while enhancing their individual effectiveness through the development of leadership skills.
- To create an expanding base of knowledgeable citizens and leaders
- To prompt broader citizen involvement by providing a forum for educated debate and an opportunity for participants to strengthen their inherent leadership skills
- To provide a forum for meeting with and hearing from key community leaders to learn about programs and services, as well as the critical issues facing our communities
- In addition to providing an informational forum, the Leadership experience provides networking opportunities with key community leaders, class members, and graduates of the Leadership program.
- How are the goals accomplished?
- Monthly Leadership program days.
- Subject matter experts construct program days that concentrate on specific topics.
- Opportunities for learning more and/or becoming directly involved.
- Connections with Leadership graduates.
Cheryl Angeles – President & CEO, SM Area Chamber of Commerce (Class of 2014)
Noemi Avram, AIA – President, Gumbinger Avram Architects (Class of 2004) Alumni Affairs Co-Chair
Nirmala Bandrapalli – Co-Founder/COO, Global Fusion Consulting (Class of 2013)
Laura Bent – Operations Manager, Samaritan House (Class of 2001)
Michael Berube – President, The Berube Company (Class of 1991)
Julia Bott – Executive Director, San Mateo Co Parks Foundation (Class of 2008) Curriculum Co-Chair
Nancy Bush – Senior Vice President, United American Bank (Class of 2006) Alumni Affairs Co-Chair
Tish Busselle* – Educational Consultant
Rachel Del Monte – Executive Director, Peninsula Family YMCA (Class of 2013)
Gayl Del Pero – Sales Director, Mary Kay Cosmetics (Class of 1999) Scholarship Chair
John Draper – Philanthropy Advisor, Crystal Springs Uplands School (Class of 1992)
Cheryl Fama – President & CEO, Peninsula Health Care District (Class of 2009) Nominations Chair
Supervisor Carole Groom* – Supervisor, San Mateo County Board of Supervisors Curriculum Co-Chair
Roger Heighton – Principal, Heighton Insurance Services (Class of 2009) President
Linda Koelling – Former Council Member, City Council – Foster City (Class of 2003)
Kitty Lopez – Executive Director, First 5 San Mateo County (Class of 2003)
Lars Lund – President, Junípero Serra High School (Class of 2009)
David Mendell – Owner, Kern’s Fine Jewelry (Class of 2010)
Larry Patterson – City Manager, San Mateo (Class of 2001)
John S. Root* – Burlingame City Council Member
Robert Webster – President & CEO, Bohannon Development Co. (Class of 2012)
Founding Members in 1990
- Tom Mack (President)
- Robert Barnes
- John H. Clinton, Jr.
- Hal Fick
- T. Jack Foster
- Jerry Fuchs
- Nick Gennaro
- Joseph Greenbach
- George M. Keller
- Charles Mason
- Gordon Moore
- Jack Murray, Jr.
- Frances Bohannon Nelson
- George Newlon
- John Raiser
- Frank Regan
- Charles Russell
- The Honorable Judge Phrasel Shelton
- Mike Shen
- Glenn Smith
- Lino Valbusa
- Hugh Wayne
- Eleanor Williams
- William Wilson
The Leadership Advisory Board wants to ensure the vitality of the Program by providing necessary financial support and encouraging the growth of the Leadership Graduate Network.
Membership in the Legacy Circle helps provides that the Leadership Program remains fiscally healthy and is able to attract a diversity of participants through scholarships.
Other benefits include:
- Priority reservations and seating for Leadership Reconnects events including VIP receptions held in conjunction with these events
- An invitation to attend one Program Day each year (with prior reservation)
- Inclusion of your name on the Leadership Legacy Circle listing that will appear on our website and on materials distributed through Leadership and the Chamber.
Join Legacy Circle
We invite you to join the Leadership Legacy Circle today to help us ensure that the Leadership Program continues so that future participants can participate in a program which recognizes and nurtures leadership potential. Membership in theLeadership Legacy Circle is fully tax deductible. Write your check to The Silicon Valley Community Foundation noting Leadership in the memo line. The Annual membership is $100 and a three-year term is $250. A lifetime membership is available for $1,000.
Legacy Circle Members – Lifetime Members
- Michael Berube (Class of 1991)*
- John Draper (Class of 1992)*
- Diana Jajeh, Class of 2014
- John Loder (Past Leadership Advisory Board President)
- David Mendel (Class of 2010)*
- Diane Shew (Class of 2013)
- Jason Ting (Class of 2010)
Legacy Circle Members
- Cheryl Angeles (Class of 2014)*
- Noemi Avram (Class of 2004)*
- Bohannon Foundation
- Julia Bott (Class of 2008)*
- Nancy Bush (Class of 2006)*
- Tish Busselle (Honorary Graduate, Class of 2012)*
- Peter Caraher (Class of 2014)
- Rachel Del Monte (Class of 2012)*
- Gayl Del Pero (Class of 1999)*
- Cheryl Fama (Class of 2009)*
- Linda Fitzpatrick (Class of 2014)
- Margaret Glomstad (Class of 2013)
- Hon. Carole Groom (Honorary Graduate, Class of 2012)*
- Kristen Jensen McNamara (Class of 2014)
- Roger Heighton (Class of 2009)*
- Linda Koelling (Class of 2003)*
- Jim Loustalot (Class of 1997)
- Larry Patterson (Class of 2001)*
- John S. Root (Honorary Class of 2012)*
- Bertha Sanchez (Class of 1995)
- Heidi Schell (Class of 2003)
- Vince Siminitus (Class of 2009)
- Ramon Towne (Class of 2006)
- Mark Watson (Class of 1998)
- Jeffrey Wohl (Class of 1998)
*Leadership Advisory Board Members
Borel Estate Company